Hello lovelies, ahhh the autumn is here and it’s officially October. I have pumpkin spiced everything on my brain and I’ve been making tonnes of seasonal recipes.
I love this time of the year and I always feel so inspired. The warm crisp colours, the smells and of course the seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Due to my food allergies and sensitivities I’m not able to buy my favourite seasonal foods whilst out and about which is always so disappointing, of course I’m always determined to not miss out! So I’ve taken to creating my own recipes and I want to share some of my favourites with you so i’ll be posting a lot of recipes over the next month to hopefully inspire you all to go and create! I’m also actively working on my Youtube channel too and will be posting cute autumn fashion blogs and maybe some inspirational make up videos for you guys <3 I can’t wait to show you all what I have planned.
So when I was thinking about my first recipe I wanted to make I thought about all the things I missed out on and decided I wanted something pumpkin spiced flavoured. So I created my recipe for a Pumpkin spiced shake. It took a few times to get it to a recipe which I felt really worked but I’m really happy with how this recipe worked out, the shake itself is creamy, thick whilst being subtly spiced making it perfect for those autumnal rainy days.
Tips And Extras:
I’m allergic to ginger so I haven’t added it to my recipe, but you could always experiment with putting ginger powder in this too for a little kick.
This recipe calls for a frozen banana. I always have frozen bananas in the freezer and I use them in loads of different recipes. Don’t worry if you don’t, pop a banana in the freezer over night or first thing in the morning (if you want it for the evening) and it should be perfect for when you need it.
As I wrote on my bourbon twist recipe I’ve started adding my recipes to fitness pal, this one is under miss bunny’s Pumpkin shake. it contains 292 calories and these stats are based off of using the brands that I state below. The calorie content may differ slightly either being slightly more or less depending on your ingredients. I always try and write which brands I use so that you can find the same. The calories are also not worked out using cream and chocolate on the top but I have included the calories for maca powder and ground flax seeds.
I have done my best to keep it as accurate as possible but like with anything it may slightly vary if you’re concerned about it not being 100% accurate or you don’t add flax or maca then pop the ingredients in independently.
Vanilla and pumpkin spiced shake.
- 100 grams of frozen banana,
- half a can of Pumpkin puree,
- 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup,
- 30 grams of Plain Yogurt, (I used koko dairy free)
- 250-300 ml of almond mylk or non dairy mylk of your choice (I used Almond breeze unsweetened mylk)
- quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon,
- quarter of a teaspoon of all spice,
- quarter of a teaspoon of nutmeg,
- quarter of a teaspoon of Almond extract (or Vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon of peanut or almond butter, (I used roughly 10 grams of pip and nuts peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon of ground flax seeds, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder, (optional)
- a couple of pieces of dark chocolate (optional)
- vegan spray cream.(optional)
- In a blender pop all of your ingredients except the chocolate and blend until well mixed and creamy.
- pour into a cup or glass, spray on the cream and then using the fine side of a grater grate the chocolate over the top of the cream.
I hope you enjoy drinking your pumpkin spiced shake as much as I did. Leave me a comment below if you’ve tried it and let me know what you think <3
I’d also love to hear what your favourite thing about autumn is <3