Who doesn’t want a liquid form of a “cheese” cake?
This smoothie tastes like a delicious strawberry cheesecake on a summers day.
The delicious biscuity flavour comes from the wonderful almond butter whilst you get the biscuity texture from the coconut and the creamy taste from the milk and yogurt.
This smoothie is perfect for a protein boost and is packed full of potassium, antioxidants, vitamin c and lots of dietary fiber.
- 1 cup of halved strawberries,
- 2 heaped teaspoons of pip and nuts almond and coconut butter. (see below if not available)
- 1 pint of almond milk (check to make sure unsweetened)
- 1 table spoon of desiccated coconut (dried coconut found in supermarkets)
- 1.5 desert spoons of koko dairy free plain coconut yogurt or another plain coconut yogurt.
- 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseeds (optional)
If you can’t find pip and nuts almond and coconut butter, then you can make your own mixture instead:
1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil,
1 teaspoon of agave syrup,
2 heaped teaspoons of almond butter.
For an extra protein boost add in 1-2 teaspoons of almond flour.
Pop all ingredients into your blender and enjoy cold. I love mine with an extra strawberry on the side and a little extra coconut!