No Grain boost bars
These are really yummy, and perfect for on the go. I like eating them either before or after my work out, and they made for a nice tasting treat!
I wanted to create an energy bar that was both grain free and free from any added sugars, using the sweetness of the banana to guide it with the creaminess of the peanut butter to make the perfect combination.
There are a few different things you could do with these energy bars if you want to add a twist; why not add raw cacao nibs for that extra energy boost, melt your favorite dark chocolate over the top to make a nutty “flap jack” style boost bar, or add in some dry fruit for extra sweetness.
- Maca Powder- 1 heaped teaspoon,
- Peanut Butter- 2 table spoons,
- Dried Mixed Nuts- 75g,
- Mixed seeds- 100g,
- Ripe bananas- 3 medium browning bananas- you want to use really ripe bananas so that they are sweeter.
- 1 vanilla pod
- pinch of salt
- preheat your oven to 165 degrees or 150 for fan assisted and line a square baking pan with baking paper.
- Next grab chopping board and chop up your mixed nuts into smaller chunks, there’s no exact size you just need them to be roughly chopped so that they’re easier to eat when you’re chewing down on your bars.
- Once you have chopped your nuts up into smaller pieces, grab a mixing bowl and mash up your three bananas, then add your peanut butter, salt, vanilla pod and mix well together. Then add your dry ingredients- maca powder, nuts and seeds and mix well.
- pour your mixture into your lined pan, bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool fully before cutting your bars out.